Tuesday, December 04, 2012

And it begins

This is just the first of many posts hopefully. I'm using this blog as a form of therapy for myself.

My son was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and after tumor resection surgery 4 weeks ago, he will once again go under the knife next week for his port placement. My poor, sweet 2 year old has cancer. No matter how many times I say it, it doesn't seem real. But then I'm slapped in the face with reality like how do I keep him and his sisters healthy during the next 60 weeks? And I'm immediately reminded of our situation. And I'm immediately brokenhearted again.

It doesn't seem fair. It doesn't make sense. How am I supposed to be this 'super mom' and somehow add on all the medical needs of a child with cancer? It feels like my world has literally been flipped upside down. I have good days, and I have bad days (bipolar much??), but I'm holding onto the fact that God has a greater purpose for my family and this trial is only going to strengthen us.

I will endure whatever is thrown my way, as long as I can glorify my God and be a testimony to those around me and those watching my family.

Psalm 46:10 ESV
"Be still, and know that I am God."

-Courtney

1 comment:

Kris said...

You are always awesome in my book. Just know its okay to have days where you aren't so awesome too. Xo.