Thursday, September 19, 2013

One Year Later

One year later is today. As the day has passed, I've found myself reliving that horrifying day. Aidan going limp in my arms, crying hysterically thinking my son was dying, the ambulance rides, and the moment they found something in his brain.

We had just gotten married a week and a half prior. And the kids' 2nd birthday was in 11 days. I remember thinking, 'what if this is the last birthday I have with Aidan?' The aching. The sadness. All of it still feels fresh to me.

But it's not fresh. That happened 1 year ago. My son is thriving, beating cancer, and taking it all in stride. What a hero.

Thank you God for the women you placed in my life over the last year. Thank you for being ever present in my marriage during the difficult times, and in my relationships with my children during the difficult times, too. Thank you for everything. If I had to sum up the last year in one word, it would be:

Perspective.

1 comment:

Spring said...

You all truly are heros!!! You all seem to be taking it in stride & making it seem like it is not that big of deal.
After watching my step dad go through chemo & radiation over the past year, I know just how big a deal it is & the toll it can take on a family. (I know parent vs child is totally different!) I just know what the treatments can be like & am in total awe of you, Aiden & your precious little family :)